Grants, events and support
The MIN Graduate School aims to enhance the visibility of doctorate researchers' professional achievements, increase their international mobility, and to encourage outstanding international applicants to start their doctoral career at the MIN faculty in Hamburg. We therefore organize various events, provide funding programs, and offer peer-to-peer support by academic tutors. Our offers include:
- travel grants for conference and research stays abroad;
- short-term scholarships for international doctoral researchers;
- international doctorate students meetups with talks and panel discussions;
- financial support for insight stays of international applicants in Hamburg;
- counselling services for doctoral researchers regarding their studies and daily life in Hamburg through academic tutors;
- buddy programm for new doctoral candidates.
Our events and scholarships are open to all doctoral researchers of MIN faculty.
(Please consult the eligibility criteria for the specific grant you are interested in.)
Good to know
We developed our measures to support doctoral researchers according to the results of a survey among over 900 doctoral candidates of the MIN faculty. They are continuously being adapted and further developed to offer needs-based support for doctoral researchers.
From 2015 to 2018 MINGS was partially funded by DAAD within the framework of the “MINGS International” project. The project aimed at creating a more productive environment for international doctoral researchers of the MIN faculty (by offering English workshops, counselling service and events), increasing the number of international doctoral candidates (by funding insight visits for facilitating the initiation of a PhD project at the MIN faculty), and enhancing international competitiveness of German doctoral researchers through mobility scholarships. MINGS was therefore awarded with the Best Practice award by the Club MINTernational.