Doctoral Supervision Certificate
The MIN Faculty at Universität Hamburg is supporting both doctoral researchers and their supervisors on their academic journey, which has become increasingly demanding.
The Certified Supervisor Training at the MIN Faculty provides supervisors and co-supervisors of doctoral researchers with strategies for effective supervision and for tackling various challenges that may arise. The training consists of two parts, each of which can be attended individually.
Target Audience: Professors and Supervising Postdocs
Format: Part 1: Workshop two mornings in-person (March 6 and 13, 2024),
Part 2: 2.5-day Peer Supervision Workshop
(June 6 and 7, 2024 & September 2, 2024)
Content: Detailed Schedule
- The Changing Landscape of Doctoral Supervision in Germany
- Doctoral Supervision at the UHH Min Faculty – Legal Frameworks
- Individual Development Plans for Doctoral Supervision
- Good Scientific Practice for Doctoral Supervision
- Research Data Management for Supervisors
- Recruiting and Selection of Doctoral Researchers
- Creating and Maintaining a Healthy Relationship with Doctoral Researchers
- Dealing with Conflicts in Doctoral Supervision
- Intercultural Communication and Diversity Awareness for Doctoral Supervisors
- Methods and Tools for Effective Supervision
- Establishing of Support Networks of Supervisors at the MIN Faculty
Participants will receive a certificate “Certified Supervisor” upon completion of the series (both parts). If only one part is attended, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Please contact the MIN Graduate Center at mingz"AT"uni-hamburg.de if you have any questions. We are planning to offer the workshop series in regular intervals. If you are unable to join this time, we’ll reserve a spot for you in one of the future installments (presumably fall 2024).
(cc) image adapted from: Wikimedia Commons Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported