Individual Development Plan
The point of doctoral research is to develop your career, either inside or outside academia. At the same time, your doctorate is an exciting opportunity to learn new things, explore new ways, and experiment in new fields. The Individual Development Plan (IDP) can help you to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime chance and to take ownership for your individual professional development! We designed the IDP to help you:
- document your own aspirations and needs;
- identify, assess and reflect on personal competencies and skills;
- open your eyes - the doctorate provides the foundation for your career!
- find ways and resources to improve your capabilities;
- request structured feedback from others;
- have a shared sense of accountability and trust with your supervisor(s).