Looking for Welcome Buddy
We are looking for local doctoral students enrolled at Universität Hamburg who would like to volunteer to help prospective and newly enrolled international doctoral students to get a good start with their doctoral study and everyday life in Hamburg.
The Welcome Buddy is a registered doctoral student at the MIN Faculty who supports prospective or new doctoral students from abroad (incoming buddy) for example in the following ways:
- correspondence via email prior to arrival in Hamburg
- pick up the new doctoral student from the airport/train station on your arrival
- help her/him to find his/her ways around Hamburg (city tour) and the UHH Campus (Regional Computer Center, library, cafeteria, etc.)
- support her/him with the necessary administrative paper work (e.g. registering at the Registration Office, signing a rental appartment contract, opening a bank account)
- help her/him settle in Hamburg (e.g. shopping facilities, getting around with the Hamburg Public Transport Association HVV or with the CityBike), but also the exchange of culture and experience abroad
The Buddy activities can be recognized as a component of the CIC (Certificate Intercultural Competence).