Information for (Early Career) Researchers
Due to the current issue, we recommend that you read the updates on the websites of Universität Hamburg: FAQ on the coronavirus and its impact on Universität Hamburg before coming to Hamburg.
Have you completed your doctoral degree and plan to continue your research?
Are you a researcher at MIN and looking for ways to invite international visiting scholars or to go abroad as a visiting scholar?
Do you want to intensify collaborations with an international partner or initiate international mobility?
We are happy to help you find the suitable program!
You can find more information about grants, fellowships, and awards for (early career) researchers in this brochure by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- Current call for the 3rd call for Global Classrooms between Universität Hamburg and Indiana University (IU)
The Global Classroom initiative was developed by IU and is a virtual mobility program that fosters international teaching and learning while at home. Together with colleagues from IU, teaching staff members of UHH (full-time academic appointees by UHH) can apply for funding if they plan to offer a virtual collaborative student-based project connecting two complementary courses offered at UHH and IU.
This initative aims to provide students with an opportunity to gain international experience, learn and communicate in a digital international environment, and discover other cultural perspectives and norms. For more information, please go to:
Program website of Universität Hamburg
Indiana University program website
- Application deadline: October 1st, 2021
- Funding amount: up to 3,000 EUR (UHH), 1,500 USD (IU)
- Eligibility: UHH applicants must be employed as a full-time academic appointee by UHH; postdoc or higher
- Period of implementation: flexible, approx. first half of 2022
- Format: A virtual collaborative student-based project connecting two complementary courses offered at UHH and IU
- Current call for proposals within the funding line „Aufbau Internationaler Forschungskooperationen – Schwerpunkt Ostseeraum“ The deadline for applications is 17 September 2021. The Department of International Affairs coordinates the procedure for the UHH and collects all applications. Please send your applications as a PDF to: Kristin Günther(kristin.guenther"AT"uni-hamburg.de)
- The call is open to all subject areas.
- A project can be funded for up to 24 months with up to 25,000 EUR.
- Each application must include a statement by the Dean's Office on the significance of the application for the internationalization plans of the faculty. Applications without this statement cannot be considered for the further selection procedure.
- The University Management prefers applications relating to one of the core research areas, emerging fields of the university or a profile initiative.
- The funding decision by BWFGB is made about three months after the application deadline.
- Current call for proposals under the funding line "Innovative teaching and learning formats" The Department of International Affairs supports internationally oriented teaching and learning formats in cooperation with partner universities. The deadline for applications is 3 September 2021 for projects in winter semester 2021/22 and summer semester 2022. For more information see link above.
- Current central call for proposals within the framework of DAAD project funding (in German)
The detailed calls for proposals, further program information as well as the application documents can be found in the DAAD project database.
- With the new Henriette Herz Scouting Programme, the Humboldt Foundation will make it possible to directly recruit individuals for its fellowship programme.
Effective immediately, successful researchers in Germany can apply to be a scout in connection with the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s new Henriette Herz Scouting Programme. Humboldt Scouts can bring up to three individuals of their choice from abroad directly to Germany with a Humboldt Fellowship in order to conduct research together.
Fore more information, please visit: Humboldt-foundation-scouting-programme.