Show your research videos!
Research at the MIN faculty should become more visible! Or are you aware what curious, surprising or even aesthetic things are created in the neighboring labs? With this call we would like to "discover ourselves" and see what great videos, animations and other moving images are created at our faculty and at the same time draw attention to our exciting research.
As a prize, there will be 500 euros for the most beautiful research video per department. The videos, animations and other moving images will be published on Lecture2go, on the websites and on the social media channels of Universität Hamburg.
The deadline for entries is November 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- Any kind of videos, animations and other moving images are accepted up to a maximum length of 2 minutes.
- Preferably, videos and animations should be in 16:9 format with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD) or 1280 x 720 pixels (HD) and saved in MPG4 (mp4) file format.
- If available or necessary, the audio track should be recorded in German or English. Videos in other languages are of course welcome. For accessibility reasons, all videos and animations that use an audio track with speech will be subtitled for release.
- For each file submitted, participants must own rights to the footage or animation, i.e. have created it themselves. The assurance of these rights is done via a confirmation in the upload area. Copyrighted material (music, images, video, etc.) may only be used if you own the copyrights or have a corresponding license to use them.
- Only members of Universität Hamburg, specifically of the MIN departments Biology, Chemistry, Earth System Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics, i.e. who have an employment contract with Universität Hamburg or are enrolled, can participate in the "Show your research videos!" competition.
- Entries can be uploaded until November 30, 2022, 23:59 at www.min.uni-hamburg.de/en/forschung/zeigt-her-eure-forschungsvideos.
- One to a maximum of three videos, animations and other moving images per participant can be submitted.
- For each written contribution (title and short description), the participants must have their own rights, i.e. have created the contributions themselves. These rights are confirmed in the upload area.
- For the awarding of the contribution a UHH email address must be present and provided.
- Universität Hamburg, concretely the MIN-faculty, will use the submitted contributions on the general websites, on Lecture2go, on the websites of the MIN-faculty and on the department websites as well as on social media in the interest of external presentation and better visibility of MIN research, stating the copyright. The videos, animations and other moving images will only be shared with third parties (e.g. Behörde für Wissenschaft, Forschung, Gleichstellung und Bezirke or the media) in consultation with the participant.
- Universität Hamburg, concretely the MIN-faculty, may make editing changes to the text for publication purposes.
- Prizes will be awarded to the best research videos and animations per department. The best contribution per department will receive 500 euros in prize money. The money can only be used for further research, books or materials and cannot be paid into a personal account. A total of 6 x first prizes will be awarded. The selection will be made by a jury consisting of members and staff of the office of the dean.
- The winners will be announced no later than January 2023.
- We look forward to your participation!